Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend Happenings

I'm back in the office this morning after a great weekend spent with family and friends. My primary baby shower (hosted by my sister Amanda) was held on Saturday at my friend Lindsay's house, and my parents were in town for it as well. It was SO NICE to spend time with so many of the people we love most, including a few friends who came from quite a distance to be there. We received many very thoughtful (and practical!) gifts from everyone, and I'll be starting on thank you cards soon.

I'm at just over 29 weeks now, and Rowan makes his presence known normally at least every couple of hours, which continues to be very reassuring. There's always still that small part of me that worries about something going wrong, though we have no indication that anything will. I suppose that's pretty normal, even for people who haven't lost pregnancies previously. I'm going to attempt to not worry unless there's something to worry about, which is tough, but this time is just too precious to waste with anxiety about that which I can't control anyways.

I have another doctor's appointment this morning, and though they're frequent (every 2 weeks!) they tend to take all of 5 minutes or so. I'll post something afterwards if there's anything new learned, but I anticipate she'll tell me I'm continuing to gain weight and grow this baby with no problems. I'm seeing the 3rd of 4 doctors in the practice, and will meet the 4th at the next appointment, then will be back to my regular doctor for weekly visits beginning in mid April.

I'll be traveling at the end of this week to Louisville for a 1-day conference, and then will probably be done traveling more than an hour or so away from home until Rowan arrives. There's just some security in being 10 minutes or less away from the hospital and my doctor, and I've done all the traveling I care to do for now. Being at home more often will allow me to focus on more preparation and also more relaxation, both of which are needed in these last 2 1/2 months or so.

I go back and forth between wanting him to just get here NOW so I can see and hold him and know he's fine, and wanting him to just stay right where he is, because I know I can pretty easily keep him safe there. Once he's unleashed on the world, I'm sure that will become more of a challenge. Not that I have any say in the matter at this point; he's going to arrive when he's ready to, and we'll handle whatever is thrown our way at that point. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of work, but also a lot of fun, and I'm excited about every bit of it:).

No comments: