Friday, December 28, 2007

On Vacation and On Cloud Nine

As I write, I'm sitting on my couch in new PJ's that my folks got me for Christmas. They're soft green fleece with polka dots, and I can't seem to find a reason to get out of them, they're so nice. I've been off work since Dec. 20 and don't go back until next Wednesday, the 2nd, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. We had a wonderful time visiting our families over the holidays, and will be back with Andy's family this weekend for our nephew's baptism.

As far as pregnancy goes, I'm at 17 weeks today (yippee!!) and am feeling fine. I've been making it onto the treadmill most days as the doctor recommended, and have not been eating fruit. I've also cut way back on the amount of sweets I eat, though that's been a real challenge. I've stopped weighing myself at home; guess I figure that I'm doing all I can, and it's up to my doctor to monitor that part. I'm very much looking forward to my next appointment on Jan. 10 so we can find out the gender of this little person and flesh out our dreams a bit.

My family got me a couple of gift cards for Motherhood Maternity for Christmas, and we stopped by one while at some outlet malls the day after, on the way home. The outlet store was so much bigger and nicer than the one here at home, and I managed to find 3 great pairs of pants, including jeans! This is definitely reason to celebrate, let me tell you. I find cute shirts all the time that I like, but pants that fit, are the right length, and aren't obviously maternity pants are tough for me to find. I'll be having lunch today with a friend I haven't seen in a while, and I'm looking forward to showing them off.

My wonderful Andy took my advice this year and got me things to improve my ability to stay cozy, including a new robe, slippers, and some wonderful organic bath salts and lotions, which he's already put to use on my legs, which have started to ache a little over the past few days. I think I'll keep him:).

Guess that's about it for now. I'm off to go, um, nevermind, I think I'll stay right here on the couch a little while longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE... TO... TOUCH... THE... BELLY!