Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Belly Drama

My body is growing and getting wierder by the day, I swear. Today's strange discovery? I noticed that for the first time when I'm standing up and looking down toward my feet, my stomach actually sticks out further than my boobs do. This is odd not because my stomach's always been so flat before (it hasn't), but because my breasts have always been, well, if I'm honest, above average in size, and I'm currently in a D cup (which is another bizarre change if you ask me), so the fact that my belly sticks out past those mammoth things is a bit disconcerting.

Sleeping on my back has become more of a challenge, and I'm forced to spend more time on my side just so I can breathe normally. I'm still itchy in the same places as before, though my chest and stomach are now also itchy at times. I feel some discomfort occasionally along my sides; I think this is because Rowan's growing a little faster than my skin can keep up with, so it feels sort of stretchy.

We haven't really made any further progress in the nursery, but it's still pretty early. I've started working on a guest list for the shower my sister's throwing for me in March, and I'm feeling less anxiety every time I look at, change or add things on my registry lists. We decided to go with a more gender-specific theme for the bedding, and I think it's going to be adorable:).

My pregnant co-worker and I are going to a breast-feeding seminar next week, which should be helpful. It's so nice to have her, as well as my friend Liz, to go through this process with! However, my heart is a little heavy today upon hearing about a friend I don't stay in quite as close of contact with who's just had a miscarriage at 14 weeks. Unfortunately, I understand all too well the pain she might be experiencing, and I just hate it. I've tried to reach out and let her know I'm available for whatever she might need, though in those moments it's hard to know what to ask for, since nothing can really make it all better anyways.

Thanks to everyone who's been consistently sending love and support our way; it doesn't go unnoticed, and makes this whole pregnancy thing even sweeter:).

No comments: