Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Now we're having fun!

In the last few days, I've been feeling things that I can no longer deny are the little movements of this human I'm growing. How...cool...is...that? The more he/she moves around, and the bigger my belly gets, the easier it is to really believe that in less than 5 months, I'll be home with my husband and my brand new son/daughter. It makes me feel very, very happy and content with my life.

I'm still feeling pretty well, and am getting used to the annoyance of getting up in the middle of the night to pee, so I suppose this is good training for what I'll be facing before long when it's the cries of a child instead of my bladder and Andy's snoring keeping me awake. The only other mild inconveniences are these patches of itchy skin (on my left arm, left ankle, and both hips) that have shown up in the last few days. My nurse tells me it's nothing to worry about, but is kind of annoying.

So, this should be the last post I write where I include things like "he/she," and "son/daughter." My ultrasound is in 2 days, and you better believe I'll be posting something soon after announcing the gender of this little person. Until then, I'll be here at my desk, scratching my hips and counting down the hours:).

No comments: