Monday, November 26, 2007

Everybody Knows...

Ok, it's official. We've tried to let everyone we care about in on our little secret, and how much fun it's been! Andy and I had a fantastic time visiting our families and sharing our good news with them. I made a dozen or more phone calls yesterday to let our closest friends know, and have posted bulletins on myspace and sent out e-mails to catch the ones we missed. Everyone's been so supportive and encouraging, thanks to all of you for that.

In other news (sort of), one of my work study's at work just found out she's pregnant, and is not so happy. She's a college student with plans that didn't previously include being someone's mother just yet, so she'll have a rough time getting her mind around this huge life change she's experiencing. Isn't it amazing how the same news that is thrilling and wonderful when you're happily married at 28 can be devastating when you're at a slightly different point in your life? She's a smart girl, and I know she'll get through it fine, I just hate that she has to.

So, I thought I was past the point of being sick, but I'm starting to think that I'm maybe not, not quite yet. I don't feel nauseous exactly, but seem to be having more days where nothing sounds good and I'm having to force myself to try to eat. I'm also still pretty tired, not as much as at the beginning, but enough to be annoyed by it. Andy and I got home from my parent's place around 8pm last night and decided to put up the Christmas tree and start decorating, and about an hour in (and after 7-8 trips up and down the stairs), I was DONE. Had to flop on the couch and let him rearrange the last of the furniture and fiddle with the lights one more time. Looks good now, but it seemed like a bigger task than usual.

I'll try to continue updating this as I have time and motivation, but please feel free to not read it if it gets too boring. I'm writing this primarily as a record for myself, and if the rest of you can get a kick out of it as well, that's just icing:). Regardless, Andy and I very much appreciate all the love and well wishes we've received. It's enough to have a spouse as wonderful as mine, but having friends and family like we do makes us extra blessed.

No comments: