Friday, November 2, 2007

Number 9...Number 9...Number 9...

The title comes from a goofy song my dad used to play when I was a kid. So, today I'm officially 9 weeks pregnant, and still no sign of problems. Phew. 2 1/2 weeks til my next appointment, 3 weeks til we plan to share our good news with our familes, then with everyone else, and I couldn't be more pleased. Work continues to be a busy distraction, and I feel like the week went pretty quickly, but not fast enough. Probably shouldn't be wishing away this joyous time of my life, but given my history, I just really want to get thru the first trimester. I promise I'll slow down and start enjoying it after I hit that point.

Andy and I have a lot planned for the weekend, including taking care of our long overdue plumbing issues in the bathroom. Can't wait to buy a new faucet! Wow, when the hell did I get so old? We also have two different parties with friends to go to tomorrow night, and like usual, it'll be a challenge to not share our news with some of the people closest to us, but we'll do our best. Sunday we'll be with friends too, should be fun.

Ok, then. 9 weeks down, 31 to go. I'm starting to think this may actually happen. I might actually get to be someone's parent. And when that happens, I'll have a whole new set of things to worry and get excited about:).

No comments: