Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Guest Blog - Andy

It’s about time!

Jessica and I have been looking forward to this week since we first found out we were pregnant. I have been ‘fairly’ good about not telling TOO many people. Haha. I did tell my friends Mike and Steve pretty early on. I needed some ‘man’ support, and they have been great and keeping me laughing daily! They have been very helpful in keeping me sane and from going ape-shit crazy!

It is good that we are spilling the beans this week because I honestly cannot contain myself any longer. ESPECIALLY after Monday’s Dr. visit when we saw Angus MOVING around flailing his little legs, arms, and big melon of a head. Seeing that really galvanized my confidence that this time it is going to stick! The little dude was doing leg kicks and stretching out his arms… AMAZING. I guess the fact that we are going to have a baby is still sinking in. I nearly passed the fuck out!

Boy? Girl? It doesn’t matter. I do tend to refer to the baby as “Angus”, so ‘it’ has taken on a male persona, but that doesn’t mean I hope for or think it is a boy. It is just my way of bonding I guess.

Jessica and I certainly have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. We are blessed with a wonderful family and friends. We have created a GREAT life together and we cannot wait to share it with our little melon headed baby!

~Andy

No comments: