Monday, November 5, 2007

Guest Blog - Andy

Okay… I have been SWORN to secrecy by Jessica I am not able to post anything on my blog about the pregnancy just yet…. I am literally about to explode from not being able to talk about it! I have not posted on my blog in over a week for that very reason – I haven’t had much talk about OTHER THAN JESSICA BEING PREGNANT!

I am under strict orders to not tell any family or friends yet… other than the two friends I had permission to tell (sorta), Mike and Steve.

I understand why we are not telling folks yet, but DAMN it is hard. We spent a good part of the day yesterday with my family and all of my parents and, brothers, and young nephews and nieces were there. I wanted to fill everyone one in on the good news!

As much as I wanted to tell everyone yesterday, it will be better to tell everyone over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. My niece and God-daughter Riley will be baptized on Thanksgiving Day, with a meal following at my parents place. We plan to tell them then before/during/after. The following morning (Friday) we’ll venture up to Rochester to visit Jessica’s folks, and fill them in on our secret as well.

I like this plan and am looking forward to telling them then. She’ll be 12 weeks in, through the first trimester, and will have been to the Dr. a few days before. This is definitely the time to do it.

Okay, maybe tomorrow or sometime soon I’ll put some more thoughts together about the prospects of being a father. Much love and thanks to those who “know the secret” and swing by this blog to check in on us. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

~Andy

1 comment:

Liz said...

It is hard keping a secret as important as this!!!

Where in the midwest? You are talking about Rochester...do you live in Michigan.