Monday, November 19, 2007

It's a Go!!!

I had my doctor's appointment today (with the actual doctor, not the N.P.), and all is well!!! I swear, they're treating me the way I assume they treat "normal" pregnant people, and I love it!!! (Um, expect to see a lot of exclamation points in this post. Sorry.) She had a little trouble finding a heartbeat on the first machine she tried, but then brought in a cool one with a little screen, and not only was she able to see the heart beating, we were able to see little legs and arms moving around. She pushed down a little harder on my belly, and it actually made the kid jump! It's like there's an actual person inside there, unreal...

We asked all of our questions about things I can and can't have (oysters=no, occasional lunchmeat and herbal tea=yes), and I got a chance to thank her (for the bilionth time) for saving my one tube, making it possible for me to get pregnant in the first place. She kicks ass, that's all there is to it. She said I should feel free to tell everyone I want to, and that there are no problems whatsoever. She said I'm on my way to a normal vaginal birth, and I just couldn't be more thrilled!!!

Well, I'm going to end this post because I can't say anything except how happy Andy and I are, and how blessed we feel to finally get to be doing what we've spent the last several years preparing for. Yippee!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angus is ready to kick ass!

Anonymous said...

GO BABY GO! Youa re one mean, mean, baby growin' machine!