Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Better day, better man...

I've not felt on the verge of throwing up ALL DAY, which has been so pleasant. Andy's helped me get a couple of "accessories" up on this thing, so I can watch the imaginary baby grow right in front of me:). He's also made the decision, along with a close friend of his, to start doing things daily to be a "better, more balance man," and I support this entirely. Involves regular mass attendance, exercise, and mental growth (reading, etc.), so nothing but healthy stuff. He's long needed something to help in the stress-relieving department, and I think this might be just the thing.

So, I got a decent night's sleep last night, for the first time in a couple of weeks, and have been pretty productive at work (aside from my current, um, diversion). My first ultrasound and nurse practitioner appointment happen this Friday, and I'll be at 7 weeks at that point. Time has just been passing so slowly since I found out I was pregnant, and the stress of it all is overwhelming at times.

And actually, it's going to be extremely stressful no matter what the outcome. Obviously, losing another pregnancy would be very stressful, sad, and all of the other, previously felt feelings would return. But, if we get to keep this one, if I get to stay pregnant, and become someone's mother, that's an entirely different sort of stress, and one that I feel I'm ready for. I mean, people do this parenthood stuff all the time, and I anticipate it being the hardest thing I've done, but I believe I'm equipped, and I know I'm ready to give it a shot.

Please please please let me stay pregnant...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

STAAAY PREGNANT!!!