Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I get so emotional, baby

Not that I wasn't an emotional person before, but jeez. Seems every song, every commercial, every conversation leaves me in, or near, tears. And it's not like I'm always sad, just overcome with emotion. The sky is bluer, the song is sadder, my love for my husband is deeper. Everything is just INTENSIFIED. I think it's gotta be part hormones, part lack of sleep. I've been working a ton lately, and am at work probably 2-3 nights a week on average. I've had 2 calls that required long trips to the emergency room with students in the last week and a half, and of course, these typically occur in the middle of the night.

The good news is that my wonderful boss had encouraged me to take comp time for all these extra hours (22 and counting at the moment), so I'll be coming in late tomorrow, off at noon on Friday, and am taking off several other chunks of time here and there in the next couple of weeks. It's nice to know I'll be off the morning of my next dr.'s appointment (Nov. 19) and won't have to take vacation time for it. I'm already looking forward to the Christmas holidays, when I'll be off work from Dec. 20 til Jan. 2. Yippee!! I love my job for many reasons, but one of the biggest is that I don't really have an opportunity to get burnt out because there are these lengthy times when I'm off that make the busiest times seem more bearable.

In other good news, I think I've convinced my husband to consider my idea to paint the cool old desk we have in the office so it can be converted to a changing table. I don't ask for much (yeah right), but that's always been part of my nursery vision. That, and a rocking chair or glider of some sort. Haven't figured the rest of it out yet, but I've got time, right?

No comments: