Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blah

I spoke to one of my co-workers earlier, and she mentioned how one of our new employees (just started yesterday) is pregnant and due next May, and what lousy timing that is (along with another employee who will be off for 2 weeks for a honeymoon around the same time) because of some activities that happen here that time of year. Yes, it's a busy time of year, but really, every time of year has it's busy moments, and shouldn't things like weddings and babies be things we celebrate?

I think I let her get to me too much. She doesn't know that I'm pregnant, or about my due date (just a few weeks after that other employee's), and I hope she eats her words when she finds out, and is supportive and encouraging. Unfortunately, I think her immediate reaction will be to figure out how my pregnancy will inconvenience her. Nevermind the fact that she decided to take a trip to the Bahamas over the same busy period of time last year. Blech.

I'm going to try hard to not allow her negativity to interfere with my happiness and excitement. This is just too special a time for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. You cannot let her make you feel bad for having a baby!

She'll get over it.