Thursday, October 18, 2007

Could be worse...

I spent the hours from 3am to 6am in our local emergency room last night dealing with a work crisis, and found out this morning that one of my closest friends broke her ankle last night. Both of these things sound less pleasant than "dealing with" my, so far, healthy pregnancy. I'm having some stomach issues today, but nothing scary, and actually, I've kind of been too busy to obsess too much about this human I'm growing.

Tomorrow's the big appointment, the one where, hopefully, they'll tell me that I am, in fact, having a healthy pregnancy, and am growing the aforementioned human in my uterus, as opposed to my one remaining fallopian tube. This is by far the most pregnant I've ever been, and I don't think I could be this far along without significant pain and discomfort if it was another ectopic pregnancy. I know that getting to 7 weeks (tomorrow) does not mean that there's a guarantee of everything going smoothly until June 6, but it does give me reason to be hopeful.

Still been sleeping a lot, and actually able to eat more than previously, which is a good sign. I only felt like throwing up once yesterday (and that was my fault, doing too good a job brushing my tongue, and accidently set off the ol' gag reflex), and haven't felt particularly nauseous today. I have found, however, that there are some things that are best avoided currently, like messing with raw meat, allowing my husband to talk to long about the bathroom deposits that he's particularly proud of, and the horrid smell of the dumpsters behind my work building (which also happens to house the food services here). None of these things are all that pleasant anyways, but are especially offensive to my senses in my current state.

Ok, I'll hopefully be posting good news after tomorrow's appointment. Oomph, makes my belly hurt just thinking about it...

No comments: