Monday, October 22, 2007

Must...find...distraction...

Ok, the only thing on my mind is this big ass snake that my neighbors recently acquired, and it's kind of freaking me out. I think Major Beef will talk about this in more detail soon, so see the link to his blog if interested.

So, in an effort to not think about the 8 foot boa constrictor that is probably slithering toward my house as we speak, I'm going to try to focus on how nice it is that my appetite has (sort of) returned. It's been so strange, I've actually lost 2-3 lbs since I learned I was pregnant, as very little sounded palatable at all for the first couple of weeks, but this has started to improve. Still pretty sure I shouldn't have had Taco Bell for lunch, but I'm pretty sure that Taco Bell's never a good idea.

228 days to go, according to my little baby countdown, and I think I'm on my way to being able to tolerate the wait. It's strange, I was SO ANXIOUS leading up to my appointment last Friday, but just hearing that everything is fine makes me so much more relaxed, and it really helped all of my anxiety disappear. I got to spend most of the weekend with a close friend from out of town, who I decided to share the news of my pregnancy with, and it was great to be able to talk about it a little bit. She's also hoping to be able to increase the size of her family soon, and I hope that all goes well for her.

Work has been busy, but manageable. Will actually be here til about 8pm tonight, but that will make it easier to take some time off very soon. I still find that I'm pretty tired much of the time; short walks wear me out, but the nurse practititioner said that this will likely improve by the end of the first trimester, which is about 4 weeks from now.

Guess that's it for crazy pregnant lady today, I warned you it'd be boring at times:).

No comments: